Managing the Risk of Cyber Liabilities and Operations Disruption: Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Noon – 1:00 p.m. ET
11:00 a.m. – Noon CT
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PT
One of the most difficult challenges that directors and officers face is identifying, understanding, and managing the complex, multifaceted, and unpredictable liability and operational risks posed by cyber and data security exposures. Boards of directors must take specific actions to protect themselves and their businesses.
Proskauer attorneys will examine the emerging cyber risks that hedge funds, private equity firms, venture capital firms, financial institutions, healthcare providers, manufacturers, utilities, transportation and energy companies, and other businesses now face.
We will discuss:
- New regulatory expectations and standards of care that government regulators, including the SEC, FINRA and the FTC, have imposed on directors and officers to manage and disclose cyber risks, and the governmental and civil liability consequences that directors and officers may face.
- Practical corporate governance practices and tips to help directors and officers proactively manage the complex business risks posed by cyber and data privacy matters.
- Advanced insurance and risk transfer solutions for cyber liability and business interruption risks to allow directors and officers to manage both their own management liability exposure as well as the operational risks facing their businesses.
- Important insurance issues and shortcomings of most insurance products that must be considered at the Board level, and as well as strategies utilizing captives and capital market solutions.
Margaret Dale, Partner, Proskauer
John Failla, Partner, Proskauer
Steven Gilford, Partner, Proskauer
Kristen Mathews, Partner, Proskauer
Please follow these steps to register for the webinar or webinars you would like to attend:
- Go to: https://university.learnlive.com/proskaueronlineevents.
- If you are a first time user, create a new account by clicking the “New User Registration” button and completing the New User Registration fields. The Company Pass Code is 9736529. If you are a returning user, login with your existing account information.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- This will bring you to the Catalog page.
- Click the “View” button for the session titled: Managing the Risk of Cyber Liabilities and Operations Disruption: Responsibilities of the Board of Directorsand the click “Enroll.”
You will receive a reminder 24 hours prior to the webinar with login instructions. For technical assistance with registration, please call 206.812.4700.
There is no fee to attend this webinar.
In order to receive CLE credit for the webinar you are required to click all of the participation pop-ups that will appear throughout the program. You must also be registered and view the webinar from your own computer.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hours in the Professional Practice category. CLE credits for this program are available to experienced attorneys only.
This program has also been approved in accordance with the requirements of the California Continuing Legal Education Board for 1 credit hours in the General MCLE category. California credits are available to all attorneys.
For credit outside these states, please contact your state CLE Board